4.0 Household Essentials
IBN Community Members are eligible for up to $1,800 per year to assist with essential household bills and expenses. Evidence of ‘financial hardship’ is not required for this program. The below items are eligible:
- Utility bills: Electricity, water, gas and gas bottles
- Household appliances: refrigerator, freezer, washing machine, air conditioner, heater (including installation and delivery).
- Basic furniture: dining table and chairs, bed and bedding (mattress, pillows, linen, blankets, swag)
- Skip bins
- Vehicle repairs and servicing, including maintenance, tyres, registration and insurance
- Council rates and water rates.
- A copy of invoices or quotes, with supplier payment details, is required and must match the IBN Community Member’s registered address with IBN.
- For vehicle costs, proof of vehicle ownership (registration papers) under the name and address of the IBN Member making the application.
Exclusions / conditions:
- If the member’s address does not match that registered with IBN the member will need to complete an Update Personal Details form before the application can be processed.
- IBN members sharing a household may pool applications for Household Essentials benefits within the same household.
- Members eligible for benefits may not assign these benefits to another member in a different household.
- Where IBN charitable funds have been distributed based on false information supplied by a member, the member’s Household Essentials benefits may be suspended until the required amount is repaid by the member.
- IBN will not pay member fines, bankruptcy expenses, taxes or debts.