Community Development Coordinator
- Full-time role based in South Hedland
- Attractive salary and allowances package
- Fixed term contract – 12 months
IBN is a charitable organisation and trustee for the Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people of the Pilbara. IBN provides programs and services in health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development and employment. IBN is currently seeking a suitably qualified individual to join our team in South Hedland.
This position sits within the Corporate Services team and reports directly to the Manager. The Community Development Coordinator is responsible for leading a small Community Development Team operating in the key areas of Representative Corporation liaison and asset based community development initiatives.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Certificate IV qualifications in community development or equivalent.
- Degree in sustainable development, social ecology or similar is highly regarded
- High level project management skills and experience
- Demonstrated capacity to lead small teams
- Able to maintain financial records for accounting, audit and report purposes
- Able to source, interpret and advise on legislation relating to Aboriginal corporations, companies, tax law and related compliance obligations
- Skills and knowledge or the capacity to acquire these, of assets (or strengths) based community development
- Competent in the use of Microsoft programs and databases
- Highly developed communication skills using a range of mediums
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional interactions with a broad range of people
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills
- High level time management skills, organisation skills, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Current WA C-Class license
Desirable skills, attributes and experience
- Working with Aboriginal people and understanding of Aboriginal Australian culture
- At least 2 years’ experience and demonstrated success leading an asset based community development team, with a strong emphasis on assisting implementation of community or enterprise development
- Demonstrated experience and success in a similar or advocacy role and proven success accessing grants funding
Your application must include Application form, address the Selection criteria (Essential and desirable skills requirements) – for a copy of Application Form and Position Description please click on the following link:
Applications close at 5pm, Friday, 10 November 2017
IBN may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants need not reapply.