FINANCE OFFICER – ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE
- Full time position residentially based in South Hedland, Western Australia
- Attractive salary and allowances package
IBN Corporation is a Charitable Trust operated for the advancement and prosperity of the Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people. IBN’s head office is in South Hedland, WA with offices also located in Tom Price and Karratha. IBN Corporation delivers a range of programs and services including health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development and employment for the personal, social and economic wellbeing of our members.
- Gather and verify appropriate documentation prior to raise invoices
- Process Accounts Receivable (the debtor) transactions and raise invoices for all clients (including members and IBN subsidiaries) in accordance with IBN Policies and Business Operation Procedures (BOP)
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the Exo Accounting System through accurate and timely transaction processing
- Maintain accounts receivable records to ensure aging is up to date, credits and collections are applied, uncollectible amounts are accounted for, and miscellaneous differences are
- Manage and ensure debt recovery is in progress for all outstanding accounts, monitor and collect accounts receivable by contacting clients via telephone, email, and
- Maintain IBN lease and facility hire registers and liaise with officers to ensure all debtors are included in the
- Prepare monthly Accounts Receivable reconciliation reports, adjustment journals and client statements
- Prepare analytical and ratio analysis in relation to A/R for management to gain a better understanding of how collection efforts are progressing
- Manage and ensure the debtor’s database is current and all information is correct
- Provide the Finance team and auditors with relevant information and reports as requested
- Assist the Team Leader and the CFO in other activities as required from time to time
- Communicate discrepancies to the management team, identify slow-paying customers and recommend initiation of the collection process
- Assist in streamlining and improving the accounts receivable process identifying areas of performance improvement
- Exercise integrity and confidentiality in financial reporting, and comply with IBN Policies, Audit and Financial Requirements
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Certificate IV in Accounting, Diploma of Accounting or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in using an enterprise resource planning (ERP) system or a similar financial management software system and reporting tools (preferably, MYOB Exo).
- 2-3 year prior experience in Accounts Receivable (or bookkeeping)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles including double-entry accounting, general journals and accounts
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic, with effective communication and relationship-building skills
- A current National Police Clearance
- C class driver’s licence
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please call the IBN Human Resource Officer on (08) 9140 0963.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Friday May 15 2020
IBN may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply