MEDIA, EVENTS AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
- Full-time position residentially based in South Hedland, Western Australia
- Attractive salary and benefits package
- Exciting position to make an impact and make your own
IBN Corporation is a Charitable Trust operated for the advancement and prosperity of the Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people. IBN’s head office is in South Hedland, with offices also located in Tom Price and Karratha. IBN Corporation delivers a range of programs and services including health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development and employment for the personal, social and economic wellbeing of our members.
Reporting to the CFO, this role is vital in ensuring IBN’s critical information is communicated effectively to employees, beneficiaries and external audiences. The role will deliver effective, targeted and credible communications including the development and implementation of strategies which will raise IBN’s profile as well as the broader profile of the wellbeing of Aboriginal wellbeing.
As the media relations focal point, this role will be required to represent the work of IBN to members of the press and other media representatives. You will be responsible for raising the profile of the Organisation and disseminating information to IBN members and members of the media.
This role will also take the lead in managing our key events throughout the calendar year. Generating ideas, gaining approvals, finding and booking venues, catering etc. are all key requirements of this role to ensure the events that IBN host are professional, appropriate and successful.
Essential candidate requirements
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external communications including media management
- Well organised with a proven ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and competing priorities
- Confident public speaker and able to organise large groups of people during events
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills and confidently able to produce reports, spreadsheets and branding work suitable for publication
- Confident in working with content and management systems of websites and other online communication tools
- A thorough understanding of Aboriginal people and communities
- Excellent work ethic and the ability to work unsupervised
- Professional, flexible, discrete and confidential
- Class C drivers licence.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.ibngroup.com.au or call the Human Resources on (08) 9140 0963
Applications close at 5pm Tuesday May 5, 2020
IBN may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply