Recruitment for IBN Chief Executive Officer
Please view/download the advert here
Established in 2001 and based in South Hedland, IBN is a charitable business operated for the advancement and prosperity of the Yinhawangka, Banyjima, and Nyiyaparli people of the Pilbara. IBN provides programs and services to raise the personal, social, and economic well-being of its members and deliver support and programs in health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development, and employment.
IBN provides support and opportunities to more than 1,500 Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people and their families. IBN achieve this through community programs enabling financial support in times of emergency, field officers providing assistance and support, and projects and businesses with a focus on education, employment, business enterprise, and cultural support.
Hunter Executive Search Consultants are currently working in partnership with IBN to source a new Chief Executive Officer on a 12-month fixed term contract based at their Head Office in South Hedland. IBN is currently seeking a proven leader with a strength of character and confidence, combined with a resilient personality to lead IBN through a period of change.
The key objectives of the position include;
- Effectively manage the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
- Build confidence and respect with the shareholders and Members.
- Lead the organisation through a period of change.
- Increase the engagement of the IBN communities.
- Successfully achieve the 12-month KPI’s set out by the board.
- Provide excellent leadership, direction, and inspiration to the staff.
- Develop strong working partnerships.
- Presenting to shareholders and members.
- Ensure good governance and contribute to a positive culture.
The right candidate for the role will have a strong background in HR and be an expert in change management, leading IBN in building a collaborative culture and healthy, productive relationships.
You will have a resilient character and confident personality to enable you to build respect and drive the change which is required throughout the organisation.
- Understanding and experience developing effective relationships with Indigenous communities.
- Honest character with a high level of integrity.
- Proven success in change management and business improvement.
- Experience in building and empowering an organisation through significant and complex change.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Confidence with a firm but fair management approach.
This position is a Full-Time role based in South Hedland on a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. Subsidised housing can be provided to the CEO for any candidate relocating for the position.
Please provide a brief cover letter with your resume telling us why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience match the above position and criteria.
For further information, please contact:
Gregor McNally – Director, Executive Search
Phone: (08) 9278 2511
Address: The Wentworth Building, 300 Murray Street, Perth CBD