Community Programs 2022/2023
IBN is excited to be making the Community Programs for the 2022/2023 financial year available to our IBN Community.
The Community Programs are funded by the IBN Charitable Foundation and are reviewed and updated every year by the IBN Board.
IBN’s membership base has now grown to over 1,600 members, and the Board and Staff hope that all our members will be pleased with the benefits that are available this financial year.
The Community Programs for this financial year have been developed based on great feedback received from our members via the member survey that was released in March of this year.
The benefits available this year are based upon the below responses received from our members:
- Increase benefits
- Give members more flexibility and choice
- Make claiming far quicker
- More support for Elders (Increase the access to Health assistance)
- Easier access to members money
This financial year, members also have the option of applying for their benefits via webforms on our new website.
This will be our starting point for IBN’s commitment of introducing a Member Portal, which we are working hard on to make available to members.
How to Apply for the Community Programs
- Choose the Community Program you need from the Handbook or the IBN website.
- Download and complete the application form
- Make sure you fill in everything and attach the supplier’s invoice (if required) or quote and other support documents listed on the application form
- The name and address on the application form must match your details on the IBN database
- If you have moved address or changed your name, please complete the Update Personal Details form
- If your application relates to a dependent child, make sure the child is registered with us, using the IBN Dependent Child Advice Form
- Send your completed application form and attached documents to IBN:
- Fax: (08) 9140 0996
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person, visit one of our offices in South Hedland, Tom Price or Karratha
- IBN Member Services team will process your application
- Except where otherwise stated, most Community Programs applications will take up to 10 working days once all the documents are received
- Funeral support and any hardship applications will be a priority one and processed immediately
- IBN will contact you to let you know the outcome and will pay the supplier. We cannot provide reimbursements
- Not happy with the outcome? You can appeal a decision. The process to do this is as follows.
Give Us Feedback
We have a member feedback form that is available on our website, please click below if you would like to give us any feedback on our Community Programs or anything else.