FINANCE OFFICER – ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Click here to view/download the advert
- Full time position residentially based in South Hedland, Western Australia
- Attractive salary and allowances package
Thanarru! Welcome to IBN Corporation and thank you for wanting to be a part of our team.
IBN Corporation is a Charitable Trust operated for the advancement and prosperity of the Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people. IBN’s head office is in South Hedland, WA with offices also located in Tom Price and Karratha. IBN Corporation delivers a range of programs and services including health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development and employment for the personal, social and economic wellbeing of our Members.
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic Finance Team in South Hedland. The Finance Officer – Accounts Payable will be responsible for timely and robust processing of IBN’s payables, which includes the following tasks:
- Apply operational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure all invoices are processed accurately and on time
- Review and verify the accuracy of invoices, cheque and other payment requests
- Prepare payment batches and schedule pay runs as required to meet determined payment terms
- Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and month end AP reconciliations by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Attend to Accounts Payable queries promptly and professionally, escalating any unknown issues appropriately
- Prepare and process end of month accruals and prepayment journals
- Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner and identify improvements to the accounts payable process
- Adhere to departmental confidentiality, IBN policy requirements, compliance and recordkeeping standards
- Provide general administrative support to the finance department, assist Finance Team Leader and the CFO in other activities as required
Skills and Essential Candidate Requirements:
- High level of numeracy and accuracy skills
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Effective application of rational and focused problem solving enabling quick and accurate resolution of problems
- 2-3 years prior experience in a similar role
- Certificate IV in Accounting, Diploma of Accounting or an equivalent qualification
- Experience in using a financial management software system and reporting tools (preferably, MYOB EXO)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The Finance Officer – Accounts Payable will need to possess a high level of personal integrity, confidentiality and discretion, have a willingness to work collaboratively and constructively as a member of the team, and the ability to work autonomously and be self-motivated.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your application to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit www.ibngroup.com.au or call IBN Corporate Support on (08) 9140 0951.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Friday – 29th January 2021
IBN may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
IBN Traditional Owner Members, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.