IBN SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Closing date extended to 23rd July 2021
- Full time position residentially based in Wedgefield
- $84,800 annual salary, superannuation, and additional allowances package
Thanarru! Welcome to IBN Corporation and thank you for wanting to be a part of our team.
IBN Corporation is a Charitable Trust operated for the advancement and prosperity of the Yinhawangka, Banyjima and Nyiyaparli people. IBN’s head office is in South Hedland, WA with offices also located in Tom Price and Karratha. IBN Corporation delivers a range of programs and services including health, education, housing, culture, enterprise development and employment for the personal, social and economic wellbeing of our Members.
Reporting to the IBNS Manager, this role is a key Supervisory role for IBN Services; Supervise the general Works team in the repair, maintenance and clean-up of buildings, property, furniture and equipment onsite and offsite, installation and maintenance of landscaping and garden projects, including reticulation. This role also involves working external to IBN Services on projects/contracts with industry at mine sites and remote areas, and other duties as required.
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Trade certification in Building/Carpentry or similar trade or certificates
- Previous demonstrated experience in a supervisory role in a similar field
- Demonstrated non-licenced trades skills associated with building & construction, gardens, landscaping and reticulation
- Demonstrated experience in commercial job estimates
- Basic computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office Word and Excel (desirable)
- Ability to generate OH&S reports and forms related to Works Operations (incident reports, JSA’s/JHA’s) and ensure a safe working environment for all staff
- Demonstrated ability to provide education, training and learning opportunities to crew specific to related work
- Demonstrated ability to plan equipment usage and procedures for work unit; coordinate and monitor status of work requests
- WA Drivers Licence (C Class)
- Blue or White Construction card
- Current Police Clearance
- Current CPR/ First Aid Certificate or willingness to achieve
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol
Desirable skills, attributes and experience
- An understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander People
- Ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people
- Forklift Licence
- 4X4 WD ticket, course completion or willingness to achieve
- Pest management licence or willingness to achieve
If you would like to apply for this role, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit www.ibngroup.com.au or call IBN Corporate Support on (08) 9140 0963.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Friday – 23rd July 2021
IBN may commence appointment proceedings immediately, appoint by invitation or make no appointment at all. This opportunity is only open to candidates with the right to work in Australia.
IBN Traditional Owner Members, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.