Program 1: Household Essentials
This program assists IBN members and families with essential household bills and other living expenses.
Benefits Up to $3,000 plus up to $1,000 mid-year top up subject to funding availability.
Eligibility All IBN Members. Members who are sharing a household may pool benefits.
AVAILABLE items (including installation and delivery)
1. Child care
2. Computers and computing supplies
3. Food – including meal replacement food for weight loss
4. Fuel and travel (bus, train, air fares)
5. Healthy living – skip bins, pest control, bottled water, water purifiers and filters, pet expenses, fitness equipment and gym membership
6. Household basics – furniture, appliances, homewares, bedding, camping gear, TVs and sound equipment
7. Home insurance and security
8. Home maintenance and improvement (for home owners) – tools, supplies and trade services, including gardening and pool expenses
9. Household bills – rates and utilities
10. Personal items – clothing, shoes, baby items mobility aids
11. Prepaid funerals
12. Rent short and long term (conditions apply)
14. Vehicle costs (excluding purchase)
- Hire cars
- Fines, bankruptcy expenses, taxes or debts
- Rental and hotel bonds
- Mortgage payments and home deposits
- Gaming equipment (e.g. Playstation, Xbox)
- Foxtel and online subscriptions (e.g. Netflix)
- Cigarettes, alcohol and gambling (e.g. Lotto)
- Recreational vehicles (e.g. quad bikes, boats, jet skis).
- Members who are sharing a household may pool benefits but may not assign their benefits to a different household.
- The address for delivery of purchased items or household bills must be the registered residential address of the IBN Member applicant (except food and fuel).
- Home maintenance is available only to members who are homeowners. Maintenance on rented properties is the responsibility of the landlord.
- Food and fuel are only available at participating outlets.
- IBN does not pay hotel bonds or damages. Members are responsible for these items and must deal directly with the hotel using their own cash or card.
- Program application form
- Supplier invoices or quotes showing payment details
- Lease agreement for rent payments