Program 5: Member Advocacy and Advice
5.1 Financial and legal advice fees
- Financial planning – one free two-hour consultation per year.
- Tax advice – one free two-hour consultation per year.
- Initial legal advice, including wills and estate planning – one free two-hour consultation
5.2 Further approved legal costs
- Up to $11,000 per case according to the IBN Policy on Funding for Legal Fees and Disbursements.
Items NOT available
- Fines, bankruptcy expenses, taxes and debts.
- IBN approval must be obtained before attending a legal appointment.
- IBN may refer members to the Pilbara Community Legal Service, Aboriginal Legal Services
or other agency.
- Benefits for further approved legal costs are governed by IBN’s Policy on Funding for Legal Fees
and Disbursements (2017 revised)– special conditions and exclusions apply. Contact IBN for
- Program application form 5.1 or 5.2
- Supplier invoices or quotes showing payment details
- For Further Legal Costs – the application form 5.2 must be completed by your lawyer.
Application Processing Time
5.1 – Up to 10 working days once all the documents have been received by IBN.
5.2 – Processing time for Further approved legal costs may take longer.
Financial and legal advice fees
Further approved legal costs
Please note: this application form must be completed by a member along with the member’s legal representation, therefore an online form is not available. Please download the application form below and complete.