Member Advocacy and Advice
Program 5: Member Advocacy and Advice
This program assists IBN members and families with essential household bills and other living expenses.
Benefits See below
Eligibility IBN Members.
5.1 Financial and legal advice fees
- Financial planning and tax advice – one free two-hour consultation per year.
- Initial legal advice, including wills and estate planning – one free two-hour consultation
5.2 Further approved legal costs
- This program is suspended for one year to allow review and update of the IBN Policy on
Funding for Legal Fees and Disbursements.
Items NOT available
- Fines, bankruptcy expenses, taxes and debts.
- IBN approval must be obtained before attending a legal appointment.
- Further approved legal costs are governed by IBN Policy on Funding for Legal Fees and
Disbursements (2017 revised)– special conditions and exclusions apply. Contact IBN for details.
- IBN may refer members to the Pilbara Community Legal Service, Aboriginal Legal Service or
- Program application form 5
- Supplier invoices or quotes showing payment details
- Other – see application form
Application Processing Time
Up to 10 working days once all the documents have been received by IBN.